March 6, 2010

Baby Shower No. 1

On March 6th we celebrated the upcoming birth of our little man with some family and friends from Kris side of the family. Kris mom and sister gave me an AMAZING shower that I almost missed. I had to spend 24 hours in the hospital the day prior because the little guy decided that he wanted to act up during some testing. So the Doctors wanted to make sure that it was not something that was happening all the time so they put me in for 24 hour observation. Because the day before I had gone in for my Non Stress Test and the little stinker decided to either grab or sit on the umbilical cord for about a four minute period. The doctors decided that they wanted to keep me overnight to make sure that was something that was not happening all the time. Which it turned out that it was not something that was happening. But after that they put me on bed rest for the rest of my pregnancy and I got to work from home up until my due date. Well everything turned out to be normal and I got released just in time to make it to my shower.

Here are some pictures for the day:IMG_3049

IMG_3090

Kris’ Aunt Tracy made my favorite cup cakes for me that day. Funfetti cupcakes.

IMG_3092

The cake looked exactly like my invitation.

IMG_3064

Kris had to take me to the shower since I was not able to drive that day so he stopped in to say hi to everyone that was there. It was nice that he was able to come for a little bit.

IMG_3075

IMG_3084

My mom knitted this sweater and another one for Riley when he get bigger.

IMG_3087

IMG_3097

IMG_3101

IMG_3098

0 comments: