Kris and I had been kind of talking about getting married and we had kind of looked a few different types of rings together in May 2006 but I was in no rush to get engaged or married. I was happy living together and just being with each other. On Father's Day weekend of 2006, Kris and I moved into our one bedroom apartment, which I was so happy about cause I had moved into an apartment that he had picked out before that, so it was the first place that we both picked out. On June 20, 2006 I had started my new job which I was really really excited about so things were really good for us. On June 28, 2006, I got home from work around the same time that Kris did and he suggested going to El Torito Grill for dinner and then go to the Dana Point Harbor to watch the grunion run, which I thought was a little odd but I went with it. At dinner he was acting a little strange but when I asked him about it he just said that work had been stressful that day. After dinner we drove down to the Harbor and walked around the Marine Museum. We were talking and walking and Kris was still acting strange and I thought that he was about to break up with me cause he was talking about his theories about the way life works out. I told him that "as long as the good times are better then the bad times then you are ahead of the game" he then said that he had a theory of his own and then he got down on one knee and said that "he loved me and wanted to spend the rest of his life with me" and he asked me to be his wife and open a box with a beautiful ring. I was in so much in shock that I stood there for about 30 seconds saying nothing and then I replied by asking him if he was serious and not kidding right now and he told me that he was not kidding and I still could not mutter an answer and he asked me if I had an answer for him and I finally told him YES.
After he proposed, he told me that day he had taken my parents out to lunch and asked my step dad for my hand in marriage, which meant so much to me. He told me that he was afraid that my family or my friend Jennifer were going to ruin the surprise so he decided that he would do it the same night that he got my parents blessing rather then waiting until Saturday like he had originally planned.
I was so excited that I could not stop looking at my ring. I only wish that there had been someone else there to capture that moment in time. Here is a picture of my beautiful ring taken a few days later.
Travel for Six
10 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment